Anybody who has had a long enough career already knows about some of these workplace myths disproven by research. The reality?
- Remote workers are 13% more productive (9.5% attributable to no commute/more working hours),
- Most productive people take ~15 min break per hour of work,
- Engagement level doesn’t lead to results,
- Being recognized for your work matters more than money,
- High-achievers make great managers,
- You don’t do what you went to college for and;
- Do what makes a difference in other people’s lives (*don’t* do what you love unless you like being broke).